03 March 2011

How I Squeeze (most of) It In

The most common question I get asked, funny enough, is "how do you have time to work-out?"  The answer: "I make time!"  I am a person greatly affected by exercise.  Step mills, treadmills, and weights are where I do a lot of my thinking.  Jillian Michaels gets a lot of my wrath.  ;)  If you don't care when I work-out,  but you're just looking for "Mommy time" then maybe seeing my schedule will encourage you.

6:45 a.m.- Roll out of bed to enjoy coffee, reading my Bible/prayer, and doing some homework (Biblical counseling training, Recovery, etc)
7:45 a.m. - Wash face and put on work-out clothes
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast for the family, morning chores for kids (including getting dressed)
8:30/9:00 a.m. - School time!  I will post soon about what our school time looks like; however, we do the workbox method, and this allows me to get a lot done around the house while the kids are working.
11:30 a.m. - Pack up our lunch containers (again, another post) and head to the gym.  The kids eat on their way to the gym.
1:00 p.m. - Head home from gym
1:15 p.m.-3:00 p.m. - Selah naps.  Boys (6 & 4) nap, play quietly, or read in room for quiet time.  During this time I shower, get dressed, clean some more, plan for the next day's school lesson, and check my emails or return phone calls
3:00 p.m. - Afternoon chores for the kids & then free play.  This is the time we try to make play-dates, co-ops, go on nature walks,  or go to the park.  If we had a "field-trip" or co-op in the morning we spend this time doing book work.
4:30 p.m. - Dinner prep
5:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Eat Dinner
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Clean kitchen, sweep floor, and get ready for that night's events.  We have three nights a week that are continually scheduled.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Church/ministry or family time.
8:30 p.m. - Kids are in bed!  
8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Depends on the night, and what did or did not get done during the day.  ;)
10:30 p.m. - Brandon and I go to bed.

I will say that Brandon works from home.  There are some days when I run errands while the kids nap, but before he started working from home in September I would run the errands on Wednesdays once the kids got up from their naps.  It has been a tremendous blessing having Brandon working from home, our family is always together, but our actual schedule has not changed much - I just have some adult company.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment