31 January 2011

The blogger...

If we could grab a cup of coffee or tea I would love to sit with you, and learn about where you are and the journey that brought you there. It would not be long into our conversation that you would realize that I am both passionate and sometimes awkward. My heart is to be transparent, and to know people at a intimate level. While this is a desire of my heart, it does not mean that it comes easily for me.

The intensity that effected, but did not determine, who I am is filled with stories of sadness, redemption and victory. Years ago, I was the daughter of careless parents, and a head full of my own ideas that pointed to my depravity. Now I am marked by God’s grace, and am learning what it is to consider all that Jesus did for me on the cross. I can only boast in Christ, and what He has done, and is doing, in my life.

There are many things I attempt to tackle in a day. I am the help-mate to a man who adores me, a grateful mother to three young children, I beg for patience as I learn to home educate my children, I am an understanding granola head, and a messy steward trying to put life in order. When I get overwhelmed I try to overcompensate instead of going to God, and I get overwhelmed often.

My heart is to make this blog a place where you can find encouragement and hope while we pursue grace. I knew nothing about being a wife, mom or homemaker when I got married, but God is lovingly training me and I hope I can share some of the lessons learned with you. The blog topics will vary from stories from my childhood and what the LORD is doing in my life to recipes and how to manage a home. I hope over time we get to know each other over early morning coffees and late night debriefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment